Carmela Rosaria Guadagno
Office: 138A, Aven Nelson Building 1000, University Ave – 82071, Laramie (WY)
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Department of Botany, University of Wyoming)
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Botany, University of Wyoming (Sept 2011- August 2016)
Postdoctoral Research Assistant, Department of Structural and Functional Biology, University of Naples – Federico II, Italy (Feb 2011- July 2011)
2007- 2011 PhD in Applied Biology at the Department of Structural and Functional Biology, University of Naples Federico II
2009-2010 Exchange PhD student at the Department of Plant and Molecular Biology of the University of California-Berkeley
2000 – 2007 Degree in Biological Science, with honors, at University of Naples – Federico II
Instructor of record for LIFE2023 (The Biology of Plants and Fungi) and laboratory sections _ University of Wyoming (Fall 2014)
Instructor of record for BOT3000 (Plant Form and Function I) and laboratory sections _ University of Wyoming (Spring 2013)
Guest lecturer for LIFE 1010 _ University of Wyoming (2013)
Guest lecturer for Plant Physiological Ecology _ University of Wyoming (2012/2013)
Invited seminar on current research at University of Naples, Italy (2012)
Invited seminar on current research at ISAFOM- National Council of Research, Ercolano (NA) Italy (2012)
2011 – 2016 Direct supervision of 23 undergraduates mentored by Dr Ewers and/or Dr Weinig at University of Wyoming
2011 – 2016 Adjunct mentoring of 4 graduate students mentored by Dr Ewers at University of Wyoming
Spring 2015 Mentoring Senior Project (Honour Program) “ROS in plants & humans” by Stanley DeVore University of Wyoming
2013 – 2015 Supervisor for 3 undergraduate research projects (EPSCoR funded) at University of Wyoming
2012 – 2014 Supervisor 5 high school students during summer work of (EPSCoR funded) at University of Wyoming
Spring 2011 Supervisor/Mentor for 2 undergrad students during data collection and thesis preparation at University of Naples-Federico II
Member of the EPSCoR committee for the EPSCoR/INBRE undergrad fellowship at University of Wyoming since Fall 2015
Wyoming Computer Science Event week – University of Wyoming, Biodiversity Centre (Fall, 2016)
ASPB Education and Outreach at National Association Biology Teacher conference, Denver (Fall, 2016)
Science communication workshop – University of Wyoming, Biodiversity Centre (Fall, 2015)
Travel grant for American Society of Plant Biologists Conference 2012
Membership of the American Association for the Advancement of Sciences (AAAS) 2013 – 2014
- C. R. Guadagno, B. E. Ewers, H.N. Speckman, T. L. Aston, B. J. Huhn, S. B. DeVore, J. T. Ladwig, R. N. Strawn, C. Weinig. Dead or alive? Using membrane failure and chlorophyll a fluorescence to predict plant mortality from drought (Plant Physiology, in review).
- C. R. Guadagno, M. Pugliese, S. Bonanno, A.M. Manco, N. Sodano, N. D’Ambrosio. X-ray influence on growth, photosynthetic activity and utilization of absorbed light energy in Phaseolus vulgaris L. (Journal of Plant Physiology, in review).
- C. R. Guadagno, B. E. Ewers, C. Weinig Circadian clock and metabolism: on the crosstalk between two major targets of oxidative stress in plants (in preparation).
- C. R. Guadagno, B. E. Ewers, R. N. Strawn, C. Weinig. Differences in plant life-history traits affect water use efficiency components in drought and recovery (in preparation).
- Kornyeyev, C. R. Guadagno and N. D’Ambrosio (2013) Assessment of energy partitioning in PSII complexes using chlorophyll fluorescence analysis: reviewing the different approaches toward the definition of a unified method. Photosynthetica, 51 (3): 477- 480.
- C. R. Guadagno, M. Della Greca, A. Virzo De Santo and N. D’Ambrosio (2013) Light stress detection in Beta vulgaris and Spinacia oleracea leaves using 1H nuclear magnetic resonance. Photosynthesis Research, 115 (2): 115-122.
- C. R. Guadagno, A. Virzo De Santo and N. D’Ambrosio (2012) The challenging dream of plants in space. Annales Kinesiologiae, 3: 99-106.
- P. Giorio, G. Giorio, C. R. Guadagno, F.Cellini, L.A. Stigliani, C. D’Ambrosio (2012) Heat dissipation in ehnanced β-carotene hydroxylase tomato. Environmental and Experimental Botany, 75: 1-8.
- C. R. Guadagno, A. Virzo De Santo and N. D’Ambrosio (2010) A revised energy partitioning approach to assess the yields of non-photochemical quenching components. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta – Bioenergetics, 1797: 525-530.
- N. D’Ambrosio, C. R. Guadagno, and A. Virzo De Santo (2008) Is qE always the major component of non-photochemical quenching? In : Photosynthesis. Energy from the Sun: 14th International Congress on Photosynthesis, 1007-1010 (J. Allen, E. Gantt, J. Golbeck, and B. Osmond eds.) Springer.
American Society of Plant Biologist (ASPB) meeting, Minneapolis (MN), July 2015 (Poster)
Gordon Research Conference on Water and Salt stress, Newry (ME), August 2014 (Poster)
16th International Congress on Photosynthesis, St. Louis (MO), August 2013 (Talk & Poster)
Ecological Society of America (ESA) conference, Portland (OR), August 2012 (Talk)
American Society of Plant Biologist (ASPB) meeting, Austin (TX), July 2012 (Poster)
Italian Society of Ecology (S.It.E.) meeting, Palermo, October 2011 (Talk)
International workshop on Non-photochemical quenching, Passau (Germany), April 2011 (Talk)
Italian Society of Ecology (S.It.E.) meeting, Rome, September 2010 (Poster)
International workshop on Photoprotection and NPQ, Parsberg (Germany), March 2009 (Poster)
Federation of European Societies of Plant Biology (FESPB) congress, Tampere (Finland), August 2008 (Poster)
American Society of Plant Biologists (ASPB)
American Society for Photobiology (ASP)
International Society of Photosynthesis Research (ISPR)